You hit the gym and proceed to execute a workout for the ages. As you marvel over the body you’ve chiselled out, a legion of voices compliment your great accomplishment. But, now you’re home, and have just thrown your back out lifting a heavy case off the floor. You tell yourself you’re in the best shape of your life, but somehow your muscles just won’t work together long enough to prove it. You need Functional Fitness Training.
So what is Functional Fitness?
- When you do conventional weight training you’re isolating your muscle groups and not training them to work together.
- WarriorFit functional fitness focuses on helping your muscles work together by improving joint mobility and stability, as well as developing more efficient motor patterns. This in turn decreases the possibilities of sustaining an injury during any real life endeavors.
- Most of the workouts will center on body weight type of exercises i.e. using your own body weight to build strength and fitness. In comparison, though machines appear to be safer to use, they restrict movements to a single plane of motion, which is an unnatural form of movement for the body and may potentially lead to faulty movement patterns or injury.
- Research shows that functional training when compared to fixed weight training, increases strength 58% greater than its fixed-form counterpart. Furthermore, balance improvements through functional fitness increases by 196% and joint pain decreases by 30%.
- You don’t have to be in shape to join
- Functional fitness is for anyone looking to improve their overall bodily fitness during everyday activities, from lifting a heavy items off the floor, placing things overhead or reaching and rotating.
To find out more, give us call. Contact Us